For the purpose of compliance with the fire safety regulations, the company has established the fire safety department which developed and introduced the internal fire safety regulations for the company employees, production, territory, buildings and facilities.
Every new employee is admitted to work only upon successful completion of the fire safety training.
The fire safety training is conducted by the specialists of the fire safety department and by the heads of the organisational units in the form of fire safety briefings and basic courses.
The fire evacuation instruction was developed for the facilities with more than 50 employees. Fire evacuation training is conducted at least half-yearly.
During this 2015 year, the specialists of the fire safety department are focused on the prevention of fires and mitigation of their consequences.
Besides, the company has established the fire prevention committee to prevent fires at the production and storage facilities.
All of the oil refinery facilities are equipped with fire and security alarm and automatic fire-extinguishing system. Light and audible signalling systems are run into the control rooms. The oil refinery perimeter is monitored by the security system which includes radio-wave sensors, fixed video surveillance systems and secure lighting systems. Rotating zoomed video cameras ensure permanent control over the oil refinery facilities. Total 190 video cameras are installed and operate.
For the purpose of compliance with the industrial and fire safety regulations, the company has entered into contracts with the following professional emergency rescue organisations:
3. Tyumen Regional Emergency Service, a State-Financed Institution, which:
- ensures and maintains the emergency preparedness of the forces and facilities of the professional emergency rescue service for oil cleanup operations at the potentially hazardous oil refinery facilities;
- when necessary, localizes emergency situations caused by oil spillups at the potentially hazardous facilities of the oil refinery;
- conducts search and rescue operations at the potentially hazardous oil refinery facilities.
4. Russian Railway Transport Service, a Federal State-Financed Agency:
- eliminates the damages caused by man-made accidents, performs oil spills cleanup and fire extinguishing operations on the ways of restricted use and in the territory of the product and raw material shipment area;
- delivers a fire-fighting train.
Fire Station No. 1, which functions include:
- day-and-night duty of the fire-brigades and fire vehicles deployed at the fire station in the territory of the oil refinery;
- maintaining of the fire-fighting equipment and vehicles: 2 AC-6-100 - Ural 4320 vehicles and mechanical foam extinguishing vehicle, APT-7, 2 “Purga” 90 foam supply monitors, rescue and gas rescue equipment and facilities in constant combat readiness;
- in case of threat to people, performance of emergency rescue operations, using the available forces and facilities;
- extinguishing of fires in the territory of the oil refinery using the available fire-fighting vehicles, before arrival of the main forces and facilities from the Tyumen fire-fighting permanent post;
- general fire extinguishing management (subject to the specifics of the facilities) before arrival of the fire brigades from the Tyumen fire-fighting permanent post;
- after arrival of the fire brigades from the Tyumen fire-fighting permanent post, reporting to the fire extinguishing chief officer on the design and engineering specifics of the facility, adjacent buildings and structures, number and fire hazard characteristics of the stored and used substances, materials and products; provision of other information necessary for successful fire extinguishing; involvement of the company forces and facilities in the fire extinguishing and fire-prevention operations;
- participation in the rescue and gas rescue operations during the accident elimination;
- fire safety inspection of the facilities at least twice in a half-year and reporting the results to the company management;
- development and updating of the fire-extinguishing plans and maps; practical fire-prevention and fire-extinguishing training of the company fire brigade and third-party fire brigades;
- monitoring of the fire safety condition of the guarded facilities in the relevant areas and sectors;
- fire safety inspection of the territories, buildings, structures, rooms and other facilities during working hours and out of hours and prevention of non-compliance;
- dislocation of the fire brigades and fire-fighting vehicles within the guarded territory and facilities depending on the situation, in coordination with the company management; and development and implementation of the organizational and engineering measures for improvement of the fire protection system and facilities at the oil refinery, in collaboration with the company management on the basis of the scientific and engineering achievements and depending on the fire safety condition of the facilities.
The company has formed a non-staff search-and-rescue unit to ensure the required regulatory level of the oil refinery fire safety and to perform search-and-rescue and other emergency operations. The unit consists of 123 guards.
In August 2015, the sanitary service of the company search-and-rescue unit became a leader in the municipal inspecting contest of the services of non-staff search-and-rescue units among the companies and enterprises of the city of Tyumen.